June 9, 2014

"Spirited Away" A fantasy adventure unlike any other

Movie Score (9.55)
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 


Stumbiing upon an abandoned theme park, her parents decide to help themselves to a meal laid out in a stand and are turned into pigs by the angry spirits! It is then that Chihiro receives a warning from Haku, a young boy, to leave before the lanterns set but is too late in doing so and ends up stumbling into a sea of water. Forced to work in the spirits bathhouse owned by the wicked Yu-baaba, Chihiro overcomes many challenges and meets new friends along the way.

Aired  :  2001
Run time  : 125 minutes
Rating  : Children
Genre  : Adventure, Drama, Romance, Fantasy, Studio Ghibli 


Fast Review :
  • Art : 90
  • Story : 97
  • Characters  : 95
  • Enjoyment  : 100
Recommended if you like :
  • Excellent Story +
  • Fantasy & Adventure World +
  • Magic, Ghosts and Weird Creatures +
Not Recommended if you don't like :
  • Somewhat Unneeded  Story/Plots -




Thoughts & Expressions 

This Movie was aired several times on Disney Channel and I always see this Movie on several sites as one of the best movies, 'Award Winning', 'Oscars', Etc.
It kept me thinking what was so special about this movie, So I decided to watch the first 5minutes before going to bed (2am), I thought that It was interesting so I then Decided to watch til 30minutes. Then 30minutes in, I was really Sleepy but my Urge to watch this Movie kept me going until I finished it. Waking up the next day I decided to rewatch it because I thought I might have missed something because of my sleepiness. (That's How good It is) Even though it is rated for Children, I recommend this to everyone. I'm 18 when I watched this but I still loved and enjoyed every bit of it.

~~

Story  : 97

This movie doesn't have the typicial story and because of that too I recommend anyone to watch it if they haven't done it yet, because the characters and the events that will occur in the story will make you remember it for a long time and often think about it again. So, if you want to watch an amazing movie with a touching, fascinating and sad story, Spirited away is the one for you.


~~
 
 Characters  : 95
  
I dearly loved the characters. One of the best parts of this movie, for me, was that it lacked any clear good or evil characters. Everyone has a bit of both, though perhaps some allow the evil sides of them to come out a bit more obviously than others.


In this way, it's very realistic. Granted, the characters were all quite predictable and Chihiro grated on my nerves at times, but overall, I enjoyed each and every one of the characters Miyazaki has create here.

~~

Art & Animation  : 90

The drawing style is great, and is only brought to an entirely new level by the color palette, lighting, and shadowing. You'll notice that the style is very much atypical to the 'standard anime style'. However, it is not so much so that avid anime viewers will find themselves in an unfamiliar place.  


I’ve always like the flat tones that are given for color in anime, they are very calming when needed, and very vibrant when needed. The animation is crisp and and smooth. So in terms of animation and art quality, Spirited Away has achieved an outstanding feat of greatness.

~~

 Enjoyment : 100

Spirited Away is a masterpiece that excels in every way. It may not be perfect, but it is definitely amazing in art and sound, and the character/story development is high in quality. No matter how many times I see the movie, I continue to enjoy it and continue to find myself enjoying the impact of the more surprising moments.
 





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Shikarin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment