June 11, 2014

"Colorful" What would you do if you were given another chance in life?

"Based on an award-winning first person narrative novel by Mori Eto. The movie won several awards in Japan"
 Movie Score(9.25)
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★  

 "I" died and was kicked out of the cycle of reincarnation because of the sin "I" committed. An angel told me that "I" won a lottery and he gave me a chance to remember the sin. My spirit possessed the body of the 14-year-old boy Makoto, who committed suicide and "I" tried to recollect my memory. "I" felt distressed by the terrible circumstances of Makoto and the fact that "I" was borrowing his body. "I" have started to realize that people are hurting each other because the world is too colorful to distinguish the true color of themselves from others.
(Source : MyAnimeList)

Aired : 2010
Rating  :  PG 13 
Duration : 127 Minutes
Genre : Drama, Slice of life


Fast Review :
  • Art :85
  • Story : 95
  • Characters : 100
  • Enjoyment : 90
Recommended if you like :
  • Story about Life and Sins +
  • Really Good Drama +
  • Challenges of life +
Not Recommended if you don't like :
  • Long Movie -
  • Slow Paced -


Thoughts & Expressions

This movie was very good overall, It was very long but was worth it. This movie showed you things about Forgiveness, Friendship, Love, Jealousy, Sadness and About overcoming obstacles in life.
What if you died? But was given another chance to live in a body of someone whom you don't even know? To live on that person's family and friends without even knowing a single thing about them, how would you react?

 ~~  

Story :   95    
 
(Im Going to minimize the spoilers as much as possible)
The story is about a Random Soul, Someone who committed suicide in his life but unexpectedly won some random "Lottery on Heaven" so he can have another chance in life by being given a (dying Makoto) person's body. He was given a trial to remember what was the Sin he did when he was still alive.

  
I personally thought that Makoto was a douche, But after finishing the Movie, I realized the hardships and obstacles that he faced on his life was nothing compared to mine. 
You will also learn that when you watch this movie.


   ~~ 

 Characters :   100

The Characters were very well directed, Not only Makoto but also almost everyone on the movie was given much screen-time for us to know them very well. 
We see Makoto, Who was facing obstacles and hardships on life was well developed throughout the movie. 
Purapura, A very kind soul who guided Makoto through trials and errors. 
Makoto's Parents which was your typical Parents, But was having problems on their relationship which can be related to some of the Married Couples. 
His brother who cared deeply for him but didn't showed it. 
His only friend Saotome, His Crush and Shouko who admired him was also very well developed.


~~ 

Art & Animation : 85

The Animation was very fluid, The art looked very good as you can see on some of my screenshots, It is very more like "Realistic kind of Style" Art.
My priority on a movie is "Art > Others" Many people may disagree with me but hey, I really love good Art even though I don't know how to draw. Lol
But back to the topic at hand, The art is fitting for a drama movie like this one, So if you want a Good drama with a fitting animation. Then this one is for you.

"Makoto is very skilled at Drawing"

~~ 

 Enjoyment : 90

At first the story was slow and very long, So I felt bored. But I still watched all the way through the end, I Was very impressed with the story, The Characters. The Drama, Everything was very well directed. You will feel connected to their emotions. I honestly and certainly enjoyed it. Especially the ending. 
Overall it was a great movie. It may be slow at start but trust me, It's a good story with a good drama.






 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




~Shikarin

No comments:

Post a Comment